BIO OF MEMBER
Improving efficacy of teacher practicess in mathematics.Personal Learning:
To understand how students learn best and learn more about best practices in teaching and learning.Why are you part of the Lead Data Team?
I was already involved in data teams and believe in evidence based practice, so being part of EBP's Lead Data Team is a good fit. My Math background gives me an analytical perspective that I feel contributes to the team and my background in engineering, coupled with my publications, means that I bring a good research base to the LDT.
- Cycle 2 Math PD to NANS schools
- LCEEQ summer math institute
- Secondary Math task force
- School PD planning
- Teacher Induction Programme (TIP)
- Instructional Coaching
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Collaborative Inquiry
- Mentor Coaching
What’s on your bookshelf?
- Knight, J. (2017) The Impact Cycle: What Instructional Coaches Should Do to Foster Powerful Improvements in Teaching
- Duhigg, C. (2012) The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Covey, S. (2004) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Hattie, J. (2015) Visible Learning Into Action: International Case Studies of Impact
Educational Consultant, math and science with responsibility for evaluation, new teacher support and school PD planning.Conferences & Training attended: