The Evidence-Based Practice Project supports all nine English-language public school boards. Each board has a distinctive character reflective of its territory, student population and the communities it serves, which translates into highly individualized approaches to student success.Vision
The New Frontiers School Board supports success for all students.Mission
To realize our Vision, our Mission is to:
- Provide experiences that will challenge our students and employees to learn and to develop respect for themselves, others, and the environment;
- Engage students, staff, parents, and the community as educational partners;
- Expect and support all employees to continuously improve with a focus on enhancing student learning;
- Create a hospitable learning environment where everyone feels they belong and are appreciated.
EBP Phase 2 Grant: NFSB Highlights 2017-2018
Project 1: Revisiting the Common Formative Assessments at the Elementary Level
- Goals: To review and update the common formative assessments in elementary schools.
- Participants: 2 meetings took place for representatives from each of the 10 NFSB elementary schools, for teachers of math, French and English.
- Next steps: Since there are a number of teachers involved at each cycle level, each subject consultant chose to focus on an elementary cycle for this year, in hopes of next year moving the focus into the next cycle.
Project 2: The Fundamental of Assessment: A workshop series for secondary teacher
- Goals: To develop understanding of the use of assessment and evaluation at the secondary level
- Participants: 16 participants from both NFSB secondary schools; Chateauguay Valley Regional High School and Howard S. Billings Regional High School. Teachers were provided with release time to work in teams, with consultants.
- Next steps: A continuation of this project is hoped for 2018-19, as the need to clarify the differences between assessment, formatively and commonly, and evaluation is evident. Further support for this endeavour will be provided through the Lead Data Team participation of members of Educational Services.
Click here to download NFSB's 2017-2018 Phase 2 Report