The Evidence-Based Practice Project supports all nine English-language public school boards. Each board has a distinctive character reflective of its territory, student population and the communities it serves, which translates into highly individualized approaches to student success.
The Western Québec School Board, which covers a vast and diverse area, is an English school system dedicated to developing life-long learners who contribute to society and are prepared for the future. We are committed to academic excellence, quality education and social, emotional and moral development. We respect and promote the rights and responsibilities of the individual while maintaining student-centred learning in a safe and healthy environment. We value parents and communities as collaborative partners in enriching our programmes and achieving our goals.
EBP Phase 2 Grant: WQSB Highlights 2017-2018
Project 1: NANS Elementary Languages and Math
- Goals: All schools set Math and Languages as priorities in their Management and Educational Success Agreements. All have Math improvement plans as well as vocabulary development plans in both ELA and FSL. Teachers from NANS schools continued to work together in a network to analyze achievement data, share and develop targeted strategies to address areas of concern, and evaluate the impact of the strategies.
- Participants: 20 math and FSL teachers from 10 schools were involved in the project from Cycle 2 and 3 elementary.
- Next steps: Not stated
Project 2: Urban Elementary Schools
- Goals: The prime focus is to facilitate principals to collaboratively work with their teachers in developing a better understanding of what areas of core subject instruction was needed to improve success.
- Participants: Each of the 7 large urban schools will be given 4 days of teacher release for 3 core subject lead teachers to work with the school principal - Lord Aylmer, Chelsea, Eardley, Greater Gatineau, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, South Hull, Wakefield, and McDowell
- Next steps: Review, Reflect and Refine – 3 year long-term plans
Click here to download WQSB's 2017-2018 Phase 2 Report