BIO OF MEMBER
I would like to be an ongoing support to schools in their Professional Learning Community(PLC) and Response To Intervention (RTI) journeys, helping them learn to live it everyday and see the impact of that on their students.
I would like to increase my data literacy to be able to better use data to support schools in their strategic planning.
Why are you part of the Lead Data Team?
I’ve always had an interest in school improvement. I really want to see people move forward. Being part of the LDT fits with my interests and beliefs.
EBP Action Research:
- Commitment to Success
- Growth Mindset training to EMSB teachers, 2017
What improvement model is EMSB using?
What’s on your bookshelf?
- Fischer, D., et al. (2016) Visible Learning for Literacy, Grades K-12: Implementing the Practices That Work Best to Accelerate Student Learning
- Nakawaza, D. J., (2015) Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal
Title & roles:
Educational consultant, homeschooling
- Article 240
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Schools
Conferences & training attended:
- Eight IB workshops (level 3), 2017, 2014, 2015
- Solution Tree: PLCs, 2012, RTI, 2017, 2015, CFA, 2017, 2016
What could you spend hours talking about?
- How digital life impacts learning
- Authentic communication and its preservation
- Promoting resilience in students and people generally